Monday, June 11, 2012

Get Healthy!!

Okay. Lately ive been reading articles from health magazines and online and I have found plenty of easy ways to stay healthy and get fit for Summer!
Its not that hard at all!
I'm going to start with what to eat then tell you what workouts help.
  1. Dont buy candy or any sweets. Control yourself at the grocery store. 
  2. Drink lots and lots of water. It helps you digest and stops bloating. Also super good for your skin.
  3. Good breakfast can be: Eggs(If you want flavor you can add cheese, or meat. both are filled with protein. You can also add salt. Salt makes you thirsty which will lead you to drinking more water.)   Fruit(Fruit alone is delicious. No need to put whipped cream on berries or caramel on your apples.) Oatmeal (Super good for you. To flavor it substitute sugar for truvia, or spelnda. Or slice some banana or berries. That will flavor it fine.)
  4. Try and stay away from bread. If you want a sandwich aim for whole grain breads.
  5. Good Lunch can be: Salad(Stay away from sugar filled dressings. You may also flavor it with tomatoes, carrots, ham, or cheese.) Veggie soups(Buy them at the store. They are super cheap and super healthy! Easy to cook over the stove.) Meat(Have a hamburger with whole grain buns and healthy choices for the center. Such as lettuce, Mustard, Tomatoes, etc. Stay away from Ketchup. It is filled with sugar. Stay away from Mayonnaise. Filled with fat.) 
  6. If you need something  munch on before dinner have some fruit or a few pieces of veggies.
  7. Good dinner can be: so... its hard to make your own meal at dinner time when your mom has already made dinner for the family and stuff. So its fine to eat what she makes. Just use a smaller plate to control how much your taking. 
  8. Stop eating 3 hours before bed time. If you need something to munch on eat a small amount of fruits or veggies. 
Now to good workouts. Not many, but still really good for you.

  1. Walk/jog for about 20 minutes a day 2 a week at the least.
  2. Get a hula hoop! Super good workout around your hips and super easy. get a good 5 minutes of straight hula hooping in 3 times a week.
  3. Do about 10 push ups 2 times a day, I go for it when I wake up and then in the evening.
  4. While brushing your teeth you can do about 20 lunges. It will work your legs very well and also whiten your teeth! haha
  5. Try to do about 20 crunches a day. You can add more when your body can handle more.
  6. Believe it or not vaccuming the house is super good for your abbs and arms. It also makes your mom happy!
That's about all I have for you. I hope you try these and I hope it works! =]
Remember that the workouts don't take much time out of your day at all.

11 comments:

  1. I had no idea that you had to stay away from non-whole grain breads! I also have a problem with hula-hooping. Maybe it's just a gravity problem . . . =D Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Bread is not good for you if you wanna lose weight! hahahah! well...... like suggestions on other workouts for your abs or a way to keep the hula hoop up? hahah

      Delete
    2. A way to keep the hula hoop up. Maybe I just don't have hips. =P

      Delete
    3. hahahaha! Just keep an even speed. First start fast then slowly bring the speed to medium! hahah! you can do it!!! hahah

      Delete
    4. Even spread? I'll try it, and I'll let you know if it works. =P

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. Goodness, David. First you have to get a hula hoop, though. ;D lol

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas, Grace! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shounds aweshome! =) Thanks for the ideas!
    I have been getting a REALLY good workout at camp.... and we always eat really well! The camp is on a mountain... so we go up and down super steep hills aaaallllll the time... xP My LEGS and stomach muscles will be in great shape by the end of the summer. =)

    ReplyDelete