My Delta Spirit adventureon June 3rd 2012. This was my very first huge concert. I have been to small concerts before, but nothing as huge as last night. Me, Ellie, and Josh arrived to the Galaxy around 6:00PM! After a few minutes Josh decided to go to 7-11 so me and Ellie sat in our parking spot. 5 minutes later a car pulls up right next to us and parks, and then all these big huge men step out with black shirts that said “MASSIVE SECURITY” and me and Ellie were laughing so hard! When josh got back we all went to wait in line for when doors opened at 7:00PM. After we got in me and Josh ran to the very front of the concert and got our spots! It was SO packed in there after a few minutes! I finally saw Jenny, and I ran up to Jenny(childhood friend), and James(her older brother) and we were all getting our spots! About 30 minutes before the Hindu Pirates started Ellie came up to me and told me that when the Hindu Pirates started they were going to start a HUGE mosh pit and she told me to stay away and be careful! When the Hindu Pirates came on they went CRAZY! I looked over at them and I see Ellie and Hillary(Ellie's friend) on someone guy’s shoulders waving their arms back and forth screaming! It was so amazing! Everything was SO crazy that I got pushed away from Jenny and hit these girls and I kept apologizing and we were all laughing having a blast! I hung out with them for a little bit then I was going to try and find Ellie and the girls were warning me not to go in the mosh pit and I laughed then got thrown into the mosh pit and made my way through to Ellie and she screamed and said “OH MY GOSH! HOW DID YOU GET HERE?” and she pinned me against the wall to protect me and I was laughing so hard! After the song ended the band announced that the next song would be slow and to grab a girl and Ellie left me and ran to Moses and everyone was pairing up so I just ran to find my way back to Jenny! I ran over I couldn’t get to Jenny but I made it back to the girls I had met before and I was dancing with them! After that had happened I made my way back to Jenny and James and I grabbed on to the railing for my dear life! After the Hindu Pirates finished Tony the bass play takes off his guitar and FRONT FLIPS into the crowd! It was insane!! I ALMOST caught him but I missed! It was so cool though! When they finished The Tijuana Panthers came on stage and started playing and it was so righteous! While I was being pressed against the very front of the railing I look to my side and see this little boy who looked like 11 or 12 and all of a sudden I see these arms from nowhere come around his waist and his eyes popped out of his head like he just saw a ghost and he started screaming and he was yanked threw all these people into the mosh pit and I SCREAMED so loud and grabbed Jenny’s arm and slapped it on the railing and she was holding on to the top of my hand and with all the sweat she was slipping and her nails were digging into my skin and I put my arm around her waist and spread my legs out to block everyone around us so she wouldn’t get hurt! The Tijuana Panthers played their music for a super long time and it was awesome. When they finished the crew was setting the stage for Delta Spirit and I got a hair band from Jenny and tried to put my hair up and I got just feel all the dreads in my hair! It was HORRIBLE! After like 10 minutes the whole crowd started yelling for the band to come out and then 40 minutes late they finally came on.
The crowd went wild! The second
they
started playing a HUGE mosh pit started and Jenny looked like she was in
tears
and she was hyperventilating and freaking out! She told her brother she
wanted
to leave so then he disappeared and she was freaking out even more
because we
were stuck there and we were being pushed all over and Jenny was in
tears! Then
a horrible girl comes over trying to shove us out of the way and I
punched her
in the stomach like 20 times and kicked her a bunch of times telling her
to
back off and I pushed her over and me and Jenny got our spots back and
she was
holding my hand on the railing. As she was trying to hold on to my hand the song "Bushwick Blues" comes on and the lyrics are "Hold on to my hands, never let go, never let go" and we couldn't stop laughing because that song was at the perfect time! We kept getting pressed up against the
people in
front of us and we kept apologizing and they were laughing saying it was
fine
and everyone one in our circle was apologizing to each other trying to
keep
each other safe. Later Jenny was still freaking out saying she wanted to
leave and I swear Josh comes out of nowhere making his way through the
crowd
perfectly asking me if I was okay and I just looked up at him and said
“HELP
US!” and BOOM! He beat the crud out of everyone around us like a
football
player and was blocking anyone trying to get in our way and stuff. He
was
holding the mosh pit of hitting us and he was getting beat up protecting
us and
I felt SO bad for him but so grateful! God sent him at the PERFECT time!
After
he came and started protecting us I could actually enjoy the concert! I
was
like COVERED in sweat at this point! hahah it was so gross!
When I started to enjoy the concert even more I closed my eyes and….
this will sound
weird, but I could feel the music inside of me. It felt like it was going
through my body and I was so happy at that moment. Although Jenny was
freaking
out because her brother disappeared she seemed to enjoy it too. A minute
later
she realized he had her phone so she ripped it out of her purse and had a
few texts
from her brother and it said “I’m standing in the back you can stay up
there.
Be careful little missy!” and she felt so much better then we partied!!
SO many
crowd surfers it was SO radical! There was this one guy that got to the
front
stood up and jumped off the stage and ALMOST hit me and Jenny but Josh
gets
over to him and grabs him and throws him over a bunch of people then
this girl
grabs Josh’s arm and said “Thank you SO much!! You’re so amazing!!” and
Josh
laughed and said you’re welcome! Insanely 3 minutes later another crowd
surfer
comes and its Hillary! She was smiling
like she was on top of the world! The second she got close to us Josh went over
and pushed her towards the other way but she just came back somehow so Josh
goes over and lifts her up and puts her like over the fence by the
photographers and she was just laughing so hard and then the security came over
and kicked her out of the photographers spots! I was enjoying the show so much
practically guarding Jenny so she could take pictures! I looked towards the top
of the stage and the Hindu Pirates were peeking out the curtains waving at
everyone! It was so funny! After a while I just let go and started dancing my
heart out and screaming the words to the songs and then Matt Vasquez from Delta spirit
got SO CLOSE to us I could almost touch him and I was like almost in tears!
Soon after the crowd calmed down a little I was able to get my phone out and
take pictures and I got really good ones! I then put my phone away just to take
pleasure in the rest of the night! When Delta spirit finished I was so upset
and they all ran off stage and the entire crowd was yelling “ENCORE! ENCORE!
ENCORE!” and the band came back out and they were all sweaty and gross and they
started playing "Trashcan" my most FAVORITE song and I started jumping up and down
screaming my head off and Josh was just laughing at me so hard! I was going
INSANE! It was so gnarly! ![]() |
| About to jump <3 |
I was singing my dear heart out!! As soon as that song ended Matt Vasquez
jumped off the stage RIGHT ON ME and I FREAKED OUT and I looked at Josh
and his eyes popped out of his head like a kid in a candy store and he RAN over
to him and patted him on the back and I stepped over and grabbed his arm
and cried!! After the show really ended the place
pretty much cleared and everyone that was left was yelling at the workers on
stage to throw us the water bottles and guitar picks and stuff and they were throwing the picks
to the crowd and the lineup list and everyone thought they were done so they
backed off and I jumped up on the railing and yelled at the worker and asked
him to give me Matt Vasquez’s water bottle! He picked it up and handed it to me
and I SCREAMED and cried and then I yelled at the guy again and asked him for
the music line up and he picked it up and asked me if I wanted it and I was all
like “YES!” and he fake threw it to me and threw it into the circle of girls
and I was like “Oh shoot! I’m never going to get that!” and it started falling
towards me and I elbowed a girl in the face and ripped it out of her hands and
ran and I got it!!! I felt a little bad for hitting her but not really! hahahhahha!
Ellie and I went outside after to wait for Casey and we were
just talking with Ellie’s friends and then all of a sudden the bass player of
Delta Spirit walks out and says hi to all of us and I nearly fainted! As we
were waiting for Casey I asked Ellie if she could get the band to sign my
ticket so she called Casey and had him go back and get the band to sign my
ticket!! SO insanely awesome!!! Casey also gave me then pen that they used to
sign it!! After all that amazingness Me, Gabby, Ellie, and Casey went to go
back stage and the "MASSIVE SECURITY" guy asked Casey if we were all with him and
Casey misunderstood him and said “Yeah they’re all over 21” and The MS was like
“What? I said are they all with you?” and Casey said “Ohh! Yeah they are! This
is my girlfriend, her little sister, and her best friend” and the MS said
“Okay.. that might not be okay but we will see!” and we were laughing and we
walked in and the band was standing like right there and I saw they’re beautiful faces! It was so
much fun being able to be back stage with them all!
I was so tired though and
it was like 12:30AM already so we headed home and I took pictures of all my
“prizes” and I washed the smell beer and sweat off me and slept peacefully!
In the
morning Casey came over and I talked to him and he told me that after the show
ended and they were throwing things off the stage him and the rest of his band
was watching and they saw the stage worker throw off the line up list in the
crowd of girls and they were like “Wow! Oh my gosh that’s insane! Those girls are
going to die!” then saw a girl get hit down and then saw me jump out of the
circle and wave it in the air and they were like “Wow! Oh my gosh! Hahah that’s
insane!” and Casey was like “You guys!! That’s Ellie’s little sister!!”
hahahahh! It was so funny!! Wish they had videoed it!! Best night of my dear
life!I love Delta Spirit!! <3 <3 <3



Hahahahaha sounds like it was fun! =)
ReplyDeleteit was amazinggg! hahah! sorry i didn't text you back! when i noticed i had a text from you the mosh pit was crazy and i didn't wanna try and text you then drop my phone! hahah! <3
DeleteWOW! =D
ReplyDelete